- Keeps the community focused on fundraising
- Motivates community to maintain personal responsibilities of giving to the school
- Takes the lead in cultivating relationships with supporters of the school
- Prepares the annual school development calendar and coordinates the relationship between all fundraising activities related to the school
- Reviews procedures and purposes of fundraising events
- Develops policies for receiving and naming gifts.
- Helps the head of school think through the best means of implementing major operations-level objectives and serving as a confidential sounding board for the head of school
- Review the performance of the head of school at least once per year and shall report directly to the MJGDS ED Community
- Reviews admissions policies and standards, marketing literature, the master calendar for school promotion, and strategies for recruiting students and cultivation of their families. The sub-committee does not play a role in admitting students.
- Should have some background and knowledge of accounting and budgeting.
- Review and propose budget
- Monitor budget
- Review cost projections in light of expanding/changing programs and facilities
- Project strategic scenarios
Committee on Trustees
- Assesses the performance of the Education Community as a whole and of its indiviual members and of the environment.
- Conducts exit interviews with departing Education Community members.
- Reviews the school’s strategic goals and major strategies to discover what skills, experiences, and relationships the Education Community needs to possess today and in the future.
- Reviews the demographics of the current Education Community.
- Develop a list of essential criteria for new Education Community members based on a thorough assessment of the Education Community’s and school’s needs.
- Continuously add to the candidate pool and encourage education community members, individuals outside the immediate school community, parents, grandparents, and alumni to identify potential new education community members.
- Encourage Education Community development, training , and knowledge.