What? Over the course of the school year, you will read books in the various categories listed below. You may choose between four different challenges: bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.
Why? To foster a love of reading and encourage wide reading in a fun and challenging way.
When? All books must be read between May 26, 2017 and May 11, 2018.
● Books may be read in any order.
● All books must be chapter books and on your reading level.
● You must read a minimum of 5 books from two or more of the categories listed below to reach the total number required.
● To receive credit for a book, including books read over the summer, you must complete a project pre-approved by Mrs. Teitelbaum.
● Maintain a reading log in a Google Docs and share it with Mrs. Teitelbaum. The log must include the following columns: title, author, genre, date read, project completed.
1. Genre (5-15 books from one genre of choice)
2. Award winning (5-15 books that have received an award)
3. Classic (5-15 classic novels)
4. Around the world (5-15 books with each one set in a different location around the world)
5. Books published in 2017-18 (5-15)
6. Books set in Florida (5-15)
7. Judaica books based on Jewish storyline or holiday (5-15)
8. Non-fiction/Biography or Memoirs (5-15)
9. Books with a number or a color in the title (5-15)
10. Books based on a true story (5-15)
11. Books that became a movie (5-15)
12. Books with a one-word title (5-15)
13. Books with a NAME in the title (5-15)
14. Books with animals as the main character (5-15)