Eighth Grade–almost Graduates! Hard for me to believe!
• Wed., 5/30/12–current event as usual, and final current event test begun.
•Thurs. 5/31/12–final notebook check/ test grade–be sure all work present, in order, and all tests signed/corrected.
•Mon. 6/4/12–dress up and secret activity.
Be sure any and all make-up work completed and turned in.
•Wed. 6/6/12–Graduation!! (and teary teacher who will miss you very much! :( (sniffle! )
•Tues.,5/29/12–second draft of persuasive essay returned; complete final draft for Friday, please.
• Wed., 5/30/12– current event, as, usual, and final current event test 5/30 through 5/31
– study maps passed out to aid in map test prep.
• Thurs.-5/31/12–Turn in notebook for final check–be sure it is organized, all work present, all tests and written essays–corrected and signed.
• Fri., 6/1/12–U.S. map test part 1–states’ locations and capitals
Final draft of persuasive essay due.
• Mon., 6/4/12–U.S. map test part 2–5 or more U.S. territories, key bodies of water (and a few bonuses), and key land
areas (also with several bonuses.)
Be sure any/all make-up work completed and turned in.
•Wed., 5/30/12–Current event, as usual, presented and turned in.
•Thurs. 5/31/12–Current event test
Begin presenting group “Inspiration” note projects on Smart Board.
Turn in notebook for final check.
•Fri. 6/1/12–Complete remaining “Inspiration” projects on Smart Board.
Be sure persuasive essay final draft is either printed and given to me, or sent to me
via Google docs.
Lots of recent absences– so double-check and be sure all recent assignments have been posted
to me via Google docs–these include:
Note taking quiz on Indus River–pp. 83 to 87
Critical thinking quiz–5 questions–on Indus River notes
Daily work assignments–section 1 assessment-p. 87, section 2
assessment-p. 92, Understanding Main Ideas/critical
thinking sections p.93
Any current events missed
•Mon. 6/4/12–Team activity–Critical Thinking final test–intro to ancient Greece–first unit for next year.
Have a great week! You always do well; but especially give it your all at the end–set a positive tone for the future! :)
Mrs. R :)