Here is what we will cover in algebra:
* The foundations for Algebra: understanding variables and expressions, real numbers, powers and exponents, square roots and real numbers, and the order of operations.
- Solve one-step equations with one variable to multi-step equations with variables on both sides.
- Proportions, percents and their applications
- Graph and solve simple inequalities and multi-step and compound inequalities
- Function concepts, including graphing relationships, writing & graphing functions
- Applying functions using scatter plots, trend lines and arithmetic sequences
- Linear functions, the slope formula, direct variation, slope-intercept and point-slope form, slopes of parallel and perpendicular lines
- Solve systems of linear inequalities by substitution, elimination and graphing
- Properties of exponents, scientific notation
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide polynomials
- Factor binomials and trinomials, apply factoring methods to special products
- Identify, graph, and solve quadratic equations