The clock is ticking, and the kids are counting the number of days to graduation and the school year’s end. Teachers are counting, also. For us, the clock ticks much too quickly – there will always be one more story to tell, one more discovery to make, one more page to write (including this one).
- Poetry tests were taken this past week. Results are not what I had hoped for. Next week we will re-review in preparation for a retest on Thurs. 5/31 or Fri. 6/01. (More on this, later.)
- Using piclits.com (an awesome tool new to this classroom) students created some awesome poetry, which you can find on their blogfolios.
- 6th: haiku
- 7th: diamantes
- Poetry recitation continues Wednesday, 5/30.
- 6th: “How To Eat A Poem” by by Eve Merriam
- 8th: selected scenes from “Cyrano de Bergerac” by Edmond Rostand
- LAST Chai Reading due 5/30/12
- Chai-light: Write a journal/diary entry as one of the book’s characters
- Rubrics have been shared with all students on Google docs
- Genre: Children’s Literature for the Primary Grades (Have fun!)
- 5/28/12 No School: Shavuot, Yizkor, Memorial Day (Chag Sameach)
- 5/31/12 Talent Show 2:00 P.M.
- 6/01/12 School-wide Kabbalat Shabbat 3:15 P.M.
- 6/1-7/12 Housekeeping
- 6/06/12 Middle School Graduation 10:30 A.M.
- 6/06/12 End of last 9 wks.
- 6/07/12 Last Day of School – Noon Dismissal
- 6/08/12 Summer Break Begins!
Photos courtesy of Wikiimages, Public Domain