If today’s classes were any indication of the Chicago trip (from high energy to semi-consciousness), then I would have to surmise you all had a great time. Catch up on your sleep this weekend. Be prepared for a full week ahead!
UPDATE FOR WEEK OF 4/30
All grades 6 – 8
- Welcome Back Grade 8
- edJEWcon: MS attends keynote address by Dr. Heidi Hayes Jacobs
- Chai book selections for May approved and recorded on Google docs – BRING CHAI BOOKS WITH YOU TO CLASS on Monday, 4/29/12
- Review rubric for May 15 Chai
- Chai-light: Imagine that you are a set designer. Create a miniature stage setting (actual or virtual) that depicts a crucial scene in your book. Include a written explanation of the scene.
- Blogfolios, poetry, grammar drills…
- 5/04/12 Dayschool’s 50th Anniversary Celebration begins
- 5/07/12 Selections for Poetry Recitation approved and recorded
- 5/15/12 Chai Reading due
- 5/17/12 Poetry Test (proposed)
- 5/21-24/12 Poetry Recitations
- 5/28/12 No School: Shavuot, Yizkor, Memorial Day
- 5/30/12 Chai Reading due
- Chai-light: Write a journal/diary entry as one of the book’s characters
- 5/31/12 Talent Show
- 6/01/12 School-wide Kabbalat Shabbat
- 6/01-05/12 Housekeeping
- 6/06/12 Middle School Graduation
- 6/07/12 Last Day of School – Noon Dismissal
- 6/08/12 Summer Break Begins!