Centimeters and Meters

Today we started to learn in class about the metric system. I like the metric system because the measurement is based on ten. Did you know that  one hundred centimeters  make a meter? Tonight you have to measure all kinds of items in your home. Do you prefer the metric system or standard system that we use in the United States?  You must tell me your reason!  If you  comment on this post, your name will go into a drawing at 8:20 in the morning!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Centimeters and Meters

1. avatar jasmine m. says:

I did know that 100 centimeters makes a meter. I prefer the metric system.

I think the standard system better because I think it’s easier to do in. and feet.

Know I now that 100 centimeter equal a meter before I did not even know anything about centimeter. I think the United States should use metric system because it is so much easier and faster!

4. avatar Rebecca.bu says:

I prefer the standard system. I have always been measured in feet and inches. I am
    used to the way that the United States measures.

I think I would like metric system if I was used to it.

6. avatar jeremy.z says:

I prefer the standard system instead of the metric system. My reason is because it is easier to do. 🙂

7. avatar Kim Glasgal says:

Hi! We don’t have a measuring tape with centimeters so Evan is going to measure in inches and convert to centimeters with my help and the help of a calculator.

8. avatar Ayden .I says:

I prefer the metric system.

9. avatar natan.s says:

I perfer standard system then metric. Because it’s eaisier to do. 🙂

10. avatar elad says:

I like the metric system because the measurement is easier to measure.

Honestly, I didn’t know that 100 centimeters is 1 meter. But, I would actually prefer the metric system because is go’s by tens and ones, and it does make this so much easier and faster to use the metric system. It might not be really easy for must people if they don’t know about it. I think this is better than the standard system. Don’t you think that the metric system is easier and faster Mrs.B and Mrs.Rogo?

P.S. Sorry, but for some reason I didn’t have my Math. Can I make up my work at school.
    P.P.S. I finished my D’nealian Handwriting book! 🙂

Yes I perfer the standared way because I am use to it.

I did know that 100cm=1m. I prefer the metric system because it makes it a lot easier to measure.

14. avatar Benjamin says:

I prefer the metric system because it is based on ten and I can remember it better than the standard system. I knew that 100 cm = 1 meter because the metric system is so easy.
    P.S. I can’t wait for the feild trip tomorrow. 🙂 Are we allowed to bring electronics on the bus? We might get bored on the bus.

I prefer the meteric system because it’s easy to figure out.