Do You Like Making Speeches and Presentations?

On Thursday morning, all candidates running for Knesset must make speeches in front of the whole school. If you are running for class representative in Seminole Swamp, you have to make a speech also. The person must tell the class why they are running and why their classmates should vote for them. Do you like speaking in front of an audience? Do you get nervous, or do you really like the attention of people listening to you?
Who made a very famous speech called,” I have a Dream”? Here are some hints:
There is a holiday named after this man in January.
His initials are MLK            Martin Luther King Jr.
Who is he??

This entry was posted in Announcement, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Do You Like Making Speeches and Presentations?

1. avatar elad.o says:

I would get nervous because I am shy.Martin Luter king was the one to speak.

I am running for class representative. The person that made the speech ” I have a Dream” is Martin Luther King Junior. He is the one that made us allowed to drink from the same water fountain and lots of more. Most white people didn’t like him because he was black. To me I feel like he was a president even though he wasn’t a president. Sometimes I get nervous, but I’m usually ready to talk. I do like speaking in front of an audience.

3. avatar natan.s says:

I don’t want to run I changed my mind when you said write a speech.Nothing but writting. BONUS:Martin Luther King Jr. :{ :[ :] :}

I like it and if you tell a funny joke people laugh.

Bonus: Marten Luther King

To tell the truth, I really do not like going up in front of people to do anything. It makes me really nervous.
    Bonus: Martin Luther King Jr.

6. avatar jasmine M. says:

I like reading in front of people if its my class or family. If its my school I might not do it. I get a little nervous when reading in front of large groups of people but I don’t when its in front of my hole class.
    BONUS: The name of the man with the initials MLK is Martin Luther King.

I love speaking in front of an audience. I love the attention. Martin Luther King Jr.

8. avatar marjie.rogozinski says:

Most of the time, I do not get nervous in front of people. I actually like speaking, except in front of a camera!

I am not shy in front of people. I like having people’s attention because it makes me feel like I am in charge.
    BONUS: Martin Luther King Jr. was the person that wrote ” I Have a Dream”.
    Here are some facts I learned off of google: ” Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was an American clergyman, activist, and prominent leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement.[1] He is best known for being an iconic figure in the advancement of civil rights in the United States and around the world, using nonviolent methods following the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.[2] King has become a national icon in the history of modern American liberalism.[3]

A Baptist minister, King became a civil rights activist early in his career.[4] He led the 1955 Montgomery Bus Boycott and helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) in 1957, serving as its first president. King’s efforts led to the 1963 March on Washington, where King delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech. There, he expanded American values to include the vision of a color blind society, and established his reputation as one of the greatest orators in American history.

In 1964, King became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his work to end racial segregation and racial discrimination through civil disobedience and other nonviolent means. By the time of his death in 1968, he had refocused his efforts on ending poverty and stopping the Vietnam War.

King was assassinated on April 4, 1968, in Memphis, Tennessee. He was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977 and Congressional Gold Medal in 2004; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was established as a U.S. federal holiday in 1986.”

I’m running for class representative so I may not be so nervous speaking my speech in front of the class. I like having attention because it’s like there are like all focusing on me. I like getting lots of attention.

BONUS ANSWER: His initials are M.L.K. Who is he? He is Martin Luther King Jr.

11. avatar evan.l says:

I don’t get nervos in front of peaple.I quiet like speeking in front of peaple,it lets them hear my thouts.Oh yeay,I don’t want to run for class rep anny more becouse I am bad at riting speches.Marten Luther King Jr.

12. avatar julia.c says:

Well, I am not running for reprenitive. Anyways, I am not scared of making a speach because I am not shy. I like attention, but not all the time.

Bonus:
    Martin Luther King Jr.

13. avatar samantha.z says:

It’s ok but when I do it I dizzy I have done it before I just get a little dizzy.

Martin Luther King Jr.

14. avatar Ayden .I says:

I am shy but like attention.Martin luther king junior made the speech.

I would not like to speak in front of an audience because I am too shy.

The person who made the speech is Martin Luther King.

16. avatar joshua.m says:

I kinda like the attention but I’l still be a little nervous but I can do it!

BONUS:Martin Luther King

17. avatar jeremy.z says:

I would be nervous to say a speech. I am not running.

Martin Luther King Jr. made a speech about having a dream.