Run Tom Run

If I were you Tom Turkey, I would run as fast as you can before you are in the center of a dining room table! But, you only have 72 hours to find a safe place to hide. I suggest that you ……( Please give a suggestion of a great hiding place)
Bonus: Why do you not find many cellars in sunny, hot Florida?
Extra Bonus: What year did Thanksgiving become a national holiday?

This entry was posted in Announcement. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Run Tom Run

I suggest that you run as fast as you can and hide in the Eiffel tower in France.

BONUS: There are no cellars in Florida because if you dig down deep, you will find water.

EXTRA BONUS: When Abraham Lincoln was in office he declared the last Thursday of November Thanksgiving Day in 1863.

Tom I suggest that you go and hide in a forest. You are going to have to clime up a tree but not just any tree a tree that has a lot of leaves so when people go hunt for you they are not going to look up a tree. And Tom this is the good part even if people look up a tree they wouldn’t see you because of all the leaves.

3. avatar natan.s says:

Extra bonus:1863
    Bonus:If you dig far to the ground you get a bunch of water.In Florida we mostly have soil.This is why we don’t have cellars or basements.I think you should hide in Russia.Why?Because people in Russia don’t celabrate Thanksgiving! Gobal -gobal!

E
    xtra bonus:1863

If I were Tom Turkey I would run to Antarctica where nobody should would or could find me cause nobody would expect to find a turkey there.

Bonus: you would not normally find cellars in Florida because the area is to swampy and moist to dig in.

Extra Bonus: Thanksgiving became a national holiday in the year of 1941 when President Roosevelt signed the Thanksgiving Holiday into law as the 4th Thursday of November.
    Back in 1863, President Lincoln made celebrating Thanksgiving on the final Thursday in November but didn’t make it a law. He picked this day in order to try and get the North and South to be unified because before that it was celebrated on lots of different days all over the country.

5. avatar elad.o says:

If I was tom Turkey I would run to a very big forest. If you dig you are going to find water. Abraham Lincoln made it in 1863.

A great hiding spot for Tom Turkey is to hide inside a persons belly. People don’t have cellars in Florida because in order to have a cellar you have to have your house on a hill so the cellar can fit.

The holiday was set by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1939 (approved by Congress in 1941).( theholidayspot.com)

I suggest that you get more feathers and go to Antarctica and hide on Glaskal Island.
    You do not find many cellars in sunny, hot Florida because the earth in Florida is not very hard like rock and you need very hard earth to build a cellar.
    In November 26, 1789 Thanksgiving was declared a national holiday.

Another reason that Florida does not have a lot of cellars is because the water table is high. If you dig a hole in the ground it will start flooding.
    Oops! I spelled Glasgal wrong.
    Another good hiding spot is a flooded cellar.

9. avatar Ariella.t says:

P.S. Florida does not have any cellars because we live under water. And if we build a cellar we would likely have a flood.

10. avatar julia.c says:

If I were you Tom Turkey I would hide in a basement because it is safe under ground.

I suggest that you go to Mount Everest. You will be safe there. I think you will be safe there because hunters don’t look in mountains for turkeys. People won’t think to go there because there are not many animals that live in mountains. Mrs. Rogo do you know what Tom looks like? Have you seen Tom ever in your life?

P.S. Bonus Question: there not many cellars because the soil is not hard enough.
    P.P.S.Extra Bonus Question:It begain in 1863 when Lincon declared the last Thersday of November the annual day of Thanksgiving came.
    P.P.P.S. he declared it.

12. avatar emily.t says:

I would tell Tom turkey to go hide in China. Go to the Great Wall Of China and hop in a tourist’s backpack.

A cellar is a basement and Florida’s water table is too high to have them.

Thanksgiving became a national holiday in 1941.

When Abraham Lincoln was in office he declared the last Thursday of November Thanksgiving Day in 1863. That is when it finally became a national holiday. Every president since Lincoln has also declared Thanksgiving a national holiday

If I were tom I’d space. Where there are no hunters.

correction: If I were Tom Turkey I’d go to space. There are no hunters in space. The hunters are not going go to space. Tom will be free.

16. avatar jeremy.z says:

If I were Tom Turkey, I would run as fast as I can to Downtown Disney because the people there would think that I was a person in a costume, and they would want to take my picture.

17. avatar Ayden.I says:

I suggest you run to Hawaii, buy a hotel room and let no one in! We don’t have cellars in Florida because we are at sea level. Thanksgiving became a national holiday in 1941.