Would You Dare?

Would you dare to go on a dive with a marine scientist to examine a giant squid up close? If you were brave and traveled deep down to the bottom of the ocean, can you name 2 awesome features of the giant squid? Perhaps we should go on a field trip in a vessel that is propelled by a jet of water to witness this huge creature! It would not be a fatal trip since we will all did our Wordly Wise homework tonight and are well prepared!
Bonus: Why will you not spot a giant squid swimming in Jacksonville
Beach? HINT!!! It has something to do with the name of our ocean!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Would You Dare?

1. avatar jasmine M. says:

I would not dare go on a dive with a marine scientist to examine a giant squid close up because there might be sharks. Two features of a giant squid are thier fins and thier tentacles.
    A giant squid would not be spotted in Jacksonville because thier only spotted in the Pacific ocean.

2. avatar elad.o says:

I would go on a dive trip to see a giant squid. Some features of the giant squid are its eyes and the place that the squid shoots water out.
    You would not spot a giant squid near Jacksonville beacuse squids only live in the Pacific Ocean.

3. avatar joshua.m says:

I would go down if my family could come!2 awsome features about a giant squid is it’s hooks and it’s HUGE eye!

4. avatar natan.s says:

One feature is that it’s eye is shaped as a dinner plate.And second of all it’s VERY long body.BOUNS.It’s because they live deeper.

I would push my brother Micah down there. Oh buy the way he’s 4. I think he might push all the bottons

6. avatar jeremy.z says:

I would be afraid to go on a dive with a marine scientist to examine a giant squid up close. Two awesome features of the giant squid are his giant eye and that he can grow up to 60 feet long.

You will not spot a giant squid swimming in Jacksonville Beach because they live in the Pacific ocean and not the Atlantic ocean.

7. avatar max.m says:

two featrers of the Giant Squid are the eyes and tenticals .

P.S. Bounus queston Giant Squides live in the Pasific ocion not the Atlantic Ocion.

8. avatar Ayden .I says:

Giant squid aren’t in the Atlantic Ocean they live in the Pacific Ocean.A giant squid’s giant eye it has tentacles growing out of it’s face.I’d go on the trip if it’s not fatal.

The giant squid is 60 ft. long and can grab on tightly to anything.
    You will not find a giant squid swimming in Jacksonville Beach because it’s too hot here.

10. avatar evan.l says:

I would dare to go with a marine scientist to examine a giant squid. The giant squid is really large. It can take up 3 of Mrs. Rogo’s classrooms. We will not spot a giant squid in Jacksonville because we live by the Atlantic Ocean and they live in the Pacific Ocean.

I would not want to be a scientist because I wouldn’t want creatures like squid to teach me.
    Bonus: Squid don’t swim in Jacksonville because Florida is by the Atlantic Ocean and squid live in the Pacific Ocean.

I would probaly not dive with the scientists to examine the weird giant squid underwater because there may cause dangerous stuff that could happen as for an example I got captured by a squid with it’s 8 tentacles and grabbed me and I couldn’t breathe under the water and so I could die. Did you know that squids can grow up to 60 ft.?

Bonus Question Answer: Why will you not spot giant squids swimming in Jacksonville
    Beach? You should not taking the risk of going deep in the ocean diving to search for giant squids because they don’t live here at the Atlantic Ocean they really live in the Pacific Ocean. :)

Yes, I would go down and examine the giant squid with a scientist if I have the right equipment. Two awesome features about the giant squid is its eyes and its tentacles.
    You will not spot a giant squid in Jacksonville Beach because they are usually found near continental and island slopes from the North Atlantic Ocean, especially Newfoundland, Norway, the northern British Isles, Spain and the oceanic islands of the Azores and Madeira, to the South Atlantic around southern Africa, the North Pacific around Japan, and the southwestern Pacific around New Zealand and Australia.

14. avatar Samantha.z says:

There huge that’s #1
    They could be found at the very bottom of the ocean the dark part that’s #2

P.S. The reason why is giant squids live in the Atlantic ocean it’s to warm they live in the Pacfic ocean.

15. avatar Samantha.z says:

I want to go on a field trip to see a giant squid.

I wouldn’t dare go diving to see a giant squid in Jacksonville because it wouldn’t be worth going down there because Bonus:they live in the Pacific ocean not the Atlantic ocean. I would like to see the the giant squids GIANT eyes and its tentacles with the hooks on them if I was diving in the Pacific ocean.

P.S. I’m bringing food today for thanksgiving to give to the needy.

I would NOT want to go under water with a bunch of scientist I don’t know! You wouldn’t see the giant squid here because it lives in the Pacific Ocean. Here are more facts; The mantle is about 2 metres (6.6 ft) long (more for females, less for males), and the length of the squid excluding its tentacles is about 5 metres (16 ft). There have been claims of specimens measuring 20 metres (66 ft) or more, but no giant squid of such size has been scientifically documented.

On September 30, 2004, researchers from the National Science Museum of Japan and the Ogasawara Whale Watching Association took the first images of a live giant squid in its natural habitat.[2] Several of the 556 photographs were released a year later. The same team successfully filmed a live adult giant squid for the first time on December 4, 2006.[3] (Wikipedia)

18. avatar emily.t says:

I would go down and examine the giant squid with the scientists because I love to explore. If I did I probably wouldn’t go in the water with it because I wouldn’t like to see the sharp hooks on the tentacles. Two awesome features would be the giant eyes and the tentacles.

You would not find giant squids in the Atlantic Ocean because they are usually found in the Pacific Ocean.