שלום כיתה א SHALOM KITAH ALEF HELLO FIRST GRADE HEBREW
We welcome you to our Jewish Studies classroom! For your information:
1. Don’t be alarmed if your child comes home saying, ”I don’t understand a thing!”. It will get better every day!
2. The name of this terrific program is TaL AM. Please check out its description and its books. Ariyot is our Letter Lion who will be an integral part of our curriculum.
3. A Hebrew Alef Bet chart is always useful if needed for adults only.
4. Homework!!! Reading every night with an adult is the most important homework in Kitah Alef. Pages with circled page numbers are those that we have covered in class. At home, these circled pages should be completed in writing and reviewed by reading.
5. This week’s homework was a creative collage of the letter Alef. Thanks to those who have already sent in such fabulous creative Alefs. Please don’t forget to send in your child’s Alef.
6. All “textbooks” must be returned daily to school unless we have completed the entire unit. On Thursday nights, textbooks willl NOT come home with your child. Relax!! The work will be checked and then returned to your child on Friday.
7. Friday white folders will come home with work to be reviewed and important notes to be read. Please sign folder and return it to Kitah Alef on Monday.
8. We need two (2) photographs from you:
-a family photo
-your child’s most recent birthday photo
Thanks again to those who sent in the 2 photos!
9. Please read, enjoy and return the Hebrew library books and CD’s ASAP.
10. We are looking forward to a spectacular year with lots of surprises! Come learn along with Ariyot and us! DON’T WORRY —There is lots of fun ahead. There are no Jewish Studies Homework folders (except white ones on Friday). Homework is in our Ariyot consumable books.
11. If there are any concerns, please don’t hesitate to email us or call us and we will return your call ASAP!
12. Tzedakah (either $$ or canned food) should be brought on Fridays to fulfill the mitzvah of giving to the needy. All of the $$ that is collected in the next few weeks will be given to Torah Fund, a campaign to ensure our legacy to future generations of Conservative/Masorti Jews by educating rabbis, cantors, educators, etc. at the Jewish Theological Seminary. Our own Rabbi Lubliner, Rabbi Olitzky, Hazzan Holzer, Mr. Mitzmacher, Morah Ita and even Morah Rachel all benefited from studying at JTS. So bring in those quarters or dollars for Tzedakah!
מורה רחל ומורה חנה Morah Rachel U’Morah Hanna
Robin Morris and Hanna Bendit