מזל טוב MAZAL TOV Best wishes to Kitah Alef and our families as we reach our Haggigat HaSiddur! YES, IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!
Here are the answers (one more time) to Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When do we have to be there? On this coming Shabbat morning, Feb. 7th, we will meet your children at 11 AM in the Youth Lounge. (by the maintenance office). Please drop them off and return to your seats to enjoy. (We will be sending home a diagram of the sanctuary so that you can see where your child will be standing on the pulpit and then you will know where to sit for best viewing.) We encourage all to come earlier (especially if you have a part in the service) so that you can sit with your child until 11 AM in the main sanctuary. And the whole family can kvell (be proud) of the adult’s participation in our service!!
2. What to wear?? Shabbat clothes are appropriate!!!
3. How long is the presentation? Our presentation should take about 1/2 hour and then there will be a light kiddush afterwards. ENJOY! There is free babysitting for the littler ones if needed during services.
4. Can we take pictures/videos??? NO!!! Our FINAL REHEARSAL will be THIS Thursday, February 5th at 2PM in the sanctuary. IT’S A KODAK MOMENT!!! Please bring cameras and videos on Thursday as there will be no pictures taken on Shabbat. Uniforms are worn on Thursday!
5.What part do I have?
Adult Parts in Service: (Aliyot and the Torah service should begin a little before 10 AM!!)
Aliyot Colman Brodsky, Jon Hill, Tracy Hilbert, Scotty Schwartz
Torah Reading Howie Wolpoff (thanks for your help in coordinating!!) , Simon Schuster, Todd Werwa
Haftarah Jon Mitzmacher
Open & Close Ark for Taking out Torah Marc Kaye
Hagbah (Lift Torah)– Daniel Jaffa
Prayer for our Country– in English Naida Gould
Prayer for Israel– English – Frannie Teitelbaum
Open & Close Ark for Return of Torah–Amanda Watsky and Jill Sadowsky
Eyn Keloheynu– older siblings of our students (Please inform your older kids !!!)
Adon Olam–Kitah Alef!!!
Kitah Alef students don’t have to be nervous for any of this because we are well prepared. Neither does an adult! If a parent needs to practice their part in the service, we will be happy to help you on Thursday or anytime. Let us know!!
6. What about the new Siddur (prayerbook) and the covers?
Siddur covers must be at school by Monday, February 2nd. They are beautiful and unique. WOW!!
PLEASE NOTE: When you enter the synagogue on Shabbat morning , you can pick up your child’s siddur from the table in the Main Lobby and take it with you to your seat. Towards the end of the service, the Rabbi will ask you to stand at your seat and give the siddur to your child. Folded inside the siddur will be a paper with the parents’ prayer that will be recited from your seat. Hugs and kisses after the parents’ prayer will be perfect! The new siddurim will NOT be going home with you. We will collect them after services and they will be happily used each Friday for Kabbalat Shabbat at school!!!
Mazal Tov again on this wonderful simcha. We are so proud of your (our) children!! If there are any questions, please let us know. SEE YOU FOR THE FINAL REHEARSAL ON THURSDAY, AT 2PM FOR PHOTOGRAPHING!!
תודה רבה Todah Raba!!! THANK YOU to all our families for their help and love as we get ready for an amazing Shabbat this weekend. We can’t wait to show you what we have learned and to receive our new siddurim!!
Special, special thanks to Rachel Brodsky for our wonderful pictures of where we like to pray and all her help– behind the scenes. Thanks to Howie Wolpoff for all his help with the parts in the service. Thanks to Galit Hill and Simon Schuster for their creative help with the Siddur covers. Also a thank you to Jessica Kaye and others for the terrific bags filled with good stuff for our students. If we forgot to mention anyone, let us know! We LOVE appreciating parents!!! Also our thanks goes to Robyn Waring for her patience and help this and every year!
We will be doing a bit of regular classwork this week…. don’t worry!!!
פרשת השבוע יתרו Parshat HaShavua Yitro It is the week of Moses receiving 10 Commandments and we know them!!!