We promised this picture…… and here it is….
לאה רבקה ולו
Leah Rivka V’Levi
Leah Rivka and Levi(sorry to say he was absent that day!!) both start with our letter ל
חגיגת הסדור Haggigat HaSiddur—- Only one month to go!!
We are very excited as we get ready for our big days, Feb. 10th and 11th!! An email will be coming to you about all the facts you need to know. Here’s the basics:
- Friday morning, Feb. 10th at 8:30 AM-9:30 AM. Just for our Kitah Alef and guests. We will have our own morning prayer service with our students leading the prayers and afterwards, our students will perform a Hebrew play in honor of Tu B’shevat. Many Kodak moments!!! Photos, videos, allowed. We will each receive a bag of goodies with Leagrams, sweets, etc.
- Saturday morning, Feb. 11th as part of the regular Shabbat service (9-12 pm) at the Jacksonville Jewish Center, we will join with the Religious School 1st and 2nd graders in the main sanctuary to sing some songs, lead a few prayers and receive our new personalized prayerbooks. No photos or videos allowed on Shabbat. Kiddush will follow the service.
Both of these events will be memorable!!!
Parents have a few responsibilities…..(watch for an email with more info)
1. decorating child’s siddur cover (time and place to be announced for parents to work together on this!)
2. participating in the Shabbat service. (One adult part per family…. first come first serve for assignments in either English or Hebrew!) Let us know….
3. AND/OR whatever you want to do to help.
NO STRESS!!! We will give you lots more information about this simcha. Just wanted to make sure that the dates are saved on your calendars!!!
טו בשבט Tu B’Shevat the 15th day of the month of Shevat is Jewish Arbor Day. This year it falls on the secular calendar on February 11th. REMEMBER THAT DATE!!!
(Not only will it be the tree’s birthday, but it will also be Shabbat Shira and our Haggigat Hasiddur!!! WOW)
WE LOVE TREES!! We are starting to sing and talk about trees!!!
עץ אילן etz ilan two words for tree
עצים etzim trees
אילנות ilanot trees
פרשת השבוע Parshat HaShavuah Portion of the Week
We are now in the 2nd book in the Torah שמות Shemot. Names..and that means we are learning all about Moses and the Children of Israel in Egypt. We remember all this from Pesach!!
אריאות Ariyot Our letter lion has also reminded us
לקרוא Leek-row!! TO READ!!! Our new letters are:
ם Mem Sofit (final mem) YES another final letter!!!
מילון milone dictionary
???? מילים עם milim im ??? words with question marks?? like:
מי me who?
מה mah what?
כמה kamah how many?
למה lamah why?
מלך melech king
משפחה mishpacha family
שמש shemesh sun
שמים shamayim heavens
ים yam sea
AND our very special person that starts with our new letter……
picture to follow!!!!